Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Christmas Ornaments

We had a huge River Birch tree that we planted the first year in our current home. It came down during a Wind Burst this summer. We really miss the shade and cozy feeling in our back yard. I decided to cut slices of some of the smaller branches and make rustic Christmas ornaments. 

I sanded and sealed the slices. Then, I stamped some of my favorite Christmas images, colored them with copic markers, and fussy cut them. I glued the images and applied several coats of Mod Podge. I added an eye hook in the top of each slice to catch an ornament hook and tied a bow to dress them up. Now we can still enjoy the tree in a small way.





Be Creative and thanks for stopping by. 

1 comment:

Lisa Silver said...

I love all the variety of stamped images you picked, the bright colors, and how wonderful they look on each slice of birch. Such a beautiful way to use the wood!