Monday, October 17, 2016

New Inspiration

Fall is my favorite time of the year to get busy making all sorts of things.  I have decided that I need some new inspiration and motivation.  So, I'm going to try to post something each week to make sure I do something creative.

I thought I’d start with a Card….since that’s part of my blog name.  My beautiful daughter got me started making cards and I am soooo hooked.  I can spend hours “mangling” paper.  Sometimes they look great and sometimes they look mangled, but I still love the creative process.

I send out quite a lot of Christmas Cards, so I start early and make several varieties so I don’t get too bored with the production work.  For this card, I started with the Penny Black, Winter Pine stamp which I embossed.  I used Spectrum Aqua Watercolor Markers.  My daughter gave them to me for my birthday and I love their versatility.  I put them directly to the cold press watercolor paper and moved the color with a brush.  I used Fine Tec metallic gold water color for the bow and splashes.  This card kept my attention through all the production work and I still like it.

Be Creative and thanks for stopping by. 

1 comment:

Lisa Silver said...

This card is just gorgeous! The watercolored details and shimmer of gold are just perfect for the holiday! You should tuck one into a frame!

I'm so glad to see your post tonight. Love you!
lis