Sunday, February 26, 2017

Dresden Plate Quilt

I inherited some vintage pieced dresden plates.  I think they were pieced by my grandmother, so they are very special.  I made the quilt for my beautiful daughter.  

Two of the plates had a pale yellow center, but Lisa loves white, so I replaced those.  I appliqued the plates on a white background, added a bright backing, and scalloped the edges.  Hand quilting is too slow for me, so I straight line quilted it on my machine with a walking foot. What a great experience.  I loved making the quilt and we both love the results.  I was happy she wanted to show it off in the photo.



Be Creative and thanks for stopping by. 

1 comment:

Lisa Silver said...

This has to be the most amazing quilt! I'm so thankful for it's cheerful flowers and amazing patterns! I couldn't love it more! Thank you!